Thursday, December 25, 2008

God Bless Us Everyonel!

Merry Christmas! Time has flown by so quickly that it feels like we were just celebrating Thanksgiving and now Christmas has been here and gone. I wanted to share a cookie recipe that I started making with my grandmother and uncle when I was younger. I still like to make them each year with memories of sitting at my grandmothers kitchen table. Enjoy!

Chocolate Almond Butterballs

Ingredients:
1/3 Cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 Tbl milk
3/4 Cup soft butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 Cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 Cup sifted flout
1/2 Cup chopped blanched almonds

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix chocolate chips with milk over hot boiling water. Let chocolate cool. Cream butter and salt until light and fluffy, gradually adding sugar. Blend in vanilla and cooled chocolate mixture. Mix in flour then almonds until well blended. Dough may be stiff and can be kneaded by hand. Chill dough for at least one hour. Shape dough into 1 inch balls, roll in granulated sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies.